Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceleration sensor & NI USB-6210, how to start?

Hi!
First, sorry for my bad english, this technical vocabulary is a bit difficult for me.
I'm new using National Instruments NI USB-6210 device and I'm planning to use it to measure angle of tilt with memsic 2125 accelerometer. Problem is that I don't know where to start with 🙂
I have connected sensor to digital I/O port and I'm able to get digital signal (for x and y axis) from labview signal express but don't know how make us of it. I know that i have to convert the pulse (1 and 0) to g-force in milli-g's. What do you think, with what software it would be easiest to fulfil? I have microsoft visual studio 2005 professional. I'm planning to make later some graphical interface to visualize sensor's angles.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,668 Views)
I think you must read the product manual to see how to convert you pulses into acceleration ... I think tit's something like the period of pulse ...
Wilfried.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,634 Views)

Here is an example using a Basic Stamp processor. It gives a good understanding of the accellerometer and some code which may give you some insight.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,625 Views)