Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A number of digital channels no longer work on new PCI-6534.

Until an hour ago, I had no trouble writing to the first 16 channels of my PCI-6534 card. Now, even from the Measurement and Automation Explorer, I am incapable of performing a digital update. The voltage at the connector blocks remains at 0. The card passes all tests and has no conflicts, according to my OS. The bad channels are interspersed amongst the channels which still work. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem? I have, of course, loosened and tightened cables, rebooted, power up and down any connected circuitry. No luck.

Thanks for any advice you may offer.

BWZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,965 Views)
After about an hour, the channels all went back to normal. I suppose that's good and bad. Has anyone had experience with channels dying and then working again unprovoked?

BWZ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,965 Views)
Because there are so many different parts to a data acquisition system, it is hard to say what exactly happened this time. It is possible that the signals were not coming into the terminal block as expected, or that perhaps there is a loose connection on one of the cables used in the system. Hopefully this will not happen again. If it does, I would recommend first trying to find a trend, or some cause to the error. It also may be a good idea to try and switch out some of the cables used to eliminate that as a possible source of the error.

-JohnM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,965 Views)