From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 9472 8-24 VDC digital outputs module and I am trying to determine if this will interface with AC output SSR rack system. The system is a Grayhill 8 channel rack 70RCK8 and the modules are 70-OAC24. Can you interface the 9472 to this arrangement? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,189 Views)

I am not familiar with either device. But from a hardware designer's point of view I do not see any problems in interfacing both devices. The 9472 should be powered with 24VDC so that the digital outputs will deliver 24V to the output device. The current consumed by the output device will cause a minor drop of output voltage due to the output resistance but this drop will be less than 1V. The output device will switch reliably with any input voltage from 15 to 24V, so the supply voltage of the 9472 can be as low as 16V approx. With 24VDC supply I am sure it will work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,182 Views)