From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6570 Compatibility with Third-party PXI Controller

Hey guys, I have one set of NI PXI Platform, the PXI chassis is PXIe-1082, and there're several cards inside it, such as PXIe-6570, PXIe-6368 and PXIe-4142. I have replaced my NI controller with Adlink' PXIe-3985, but self-test in Max has failed. When I run the examples, error occurs in "burst pattern.vi". Besides, when I new a pin map, I can't find the related modules. All the other NI PXI hardware can communicate successfully with PXIe-3985, except for the 6570. The NI PXI controller also works well with 6570. Has anyone encountered this problem? It seems there's some incompatibility between 6370 and 3985, such as SMBus communication. The driver version is NI-Digital 18.0, both NI and Adlink controller run 64-bit Windows 7.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,157 Views)

Ideally, the PXI organization defines the standard so that all the manufacturer's products are compatible with each other. But, in your case, it is totally weird. Could you please share screenshots of what you see in NI MAX on the Adlink controller?

Did you try raising a support request to NI?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,113 Views)
Hi, Santhosh Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't save the screenshot during the test. The Adlink controller is now working in another 1082 chassis, which has replaced 6570 with 6556, and is working well. I have searched the NI website, but didn't find any useful information, and the readme file in the latest driver also doesn't mention it. I haven't reached NI for help, because here we need SSP to get technical help which we didn't buy.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,103 Views)