cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6501 digital input levels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using 6501 port 1 to read digital logic of my circuit output.  In 6501  port pins  have +5V and 4.7K pull-up resistors. Up to what voltage on the port pin (configured as digital input), 6501 declare as LOW and  HIGH?. I read elsewhere that voltage between 0 to 0.8V will be  reported as logic 0 and voltage above 2V will be reported as  Logic high. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Leyo Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LeyoJoseph

When in doubt, read the scpecifications: USB-6501 Specifications 

@LeyoJoseph wrote:

I read elsewhere that voltage between 0 to 0.8V will be  reported as logic 0 and voltage above 2V will be reported as  Logic high. Is this correct?

After reading the specifications...Yes, that is correct.  Those are fairly standard voltages for TTL.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(856 Views)

Thanks.

One more question  on this, please. I think there is a way to change the +5V operation top +3.3V by setting some parameters of 6501. How to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(822 Views)

@LeyoJoseph wrote:

I think there is a way to change the +5V operation top +3.3V by setting some parameters of 6501. How to do this?

As an input, it will accept 3.3V levels.  But as an output, it will use 5V levels.  You can use a level shifting circuit to change logic levels, for example a SN74LVCC4245APWR.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(820 Views)