Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6501 OEM example

Glad to hear it's working.  If you still have questions about using your current hardware, can you please elaborate on your parts at hand (specifically, whether or not you have a stepper controller)?

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,237 Views)

HI John,

Sorry abbot that.

I have a stepper motor, a motor drive board, a power supply, USB-6501, and USB 6525 which constitute the stepper motor control system.

Another system consists of load cell, NI 9237, and NI cDAQ-9172 which is used to record the load cell data and output an excel file.

What I want to do is create a VI which can control the motor and trigger the load cell data recording at the same time. Is there any load cell example I can use for my labview 8.5.

Thank you

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,235 Views)

Hey Melody,

As I mentioned previously, you will be able to step with the hardware you have at hand, but the stepping won't be smooth since each pulse is software timed.  If you need to step just a few steps at a time, this won't be an issue, but if you're trying to step in a waveform or fast movement you're probably going to run into smootness issues. 

Your load cell hardware will work great.  We have an excellent DevZone example that shows how to use the 9237 with a load cell.  Saving to a file would simply need the addition of a Save to LVM Express VI.  Adding the stepping motion would simply need another while loop with a Digital output example, such as the Write Dig Chan.vi example (Help»Example Finder»Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Digital Generation»Write Dig Chan.vi).  We also have free online tutorials on LabVIEW that can be found at http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm .

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,221 Views)

Thanks John. I checked this example before but the problem is that I can not download  'load_cell_null_off_shuntcal.vi 'file. I tried to download several months ago and it still can not be downloaded now. Could you please help to attach the vi file here?

I appreciate your help.

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,215 Views)
This file is hosted on our FTP server, which Firefox or IE should have no problem downloading.  Here is the file as an attachment.  Let me know if you have any problems downloading.
-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,203 Views)