From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 continuous digital waveforms using pxi 6544

Solved!
Go to solution

hi tobias,

somehow in my main program, I keep getting "TRUE" as output of "done". Which means my clock would be instantly gone.

I can avoid that by deleting export sample clock.vi from the main program. Its weird.

regards,

yan.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(2,832 Views)

Hello Yan,

have you found a solution? Or does the problem already exist?

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(2,820 Views)

hi tobias,

Like I said yesterday, I can avoid the error by deleting the export clock signal.vi. But now I dont know how to output my clock without that block. It is possible to get sample clock from my DIO pin? From the datasheet, sample clock might only be exported to CLK OUT or DDC CLK OUT pin.

regards,

Yan. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(2,805 Views)

hi,

I mean I want to export my sample clock into DIO pin, is it possible? I've read somewhere its not possible. Is it true? can I generate serial data continuously with full speed (sample clock) using DIO pin?

regards,

yan.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(2,797 Views)

Hello Yan,

which hardware components do you use? So I can rebuild your System and try it.

About your question, actually I didn't find anything. But if I find something I will let you know.

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(2,795 Views)

hi Tobias,

I'm using PXIe 6544 HSDIO card, and my chassis is PXIe 1082.

regards,

Yan.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(2,788 Views)

Hello Yan,

Iam very sorry about writting so late to you. I wasn´t in office on friday.

Can you describe your request in more details? Because we don´t have the right hardware in the office at the moment so I cant rebuild the system.

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(2,753 Views)

hi Tobias,

I was asking if its possible to export the generated sample clock using PXIe 6544 to DIO pin instead of DDC CLK OUT or CLK OUT pin?

Its like: generating 40MHz clock, and having a 40MHz waveform in 1 DIO pin. I've read the manuals, I think my device generation is SDR, which means its not possible to have output signal with same rate with the sample rate.

regards,

Yan.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mystogan

Hello Yan,

on page 9 of NI PXIe-6544/6545/6547/6548 Specifications u can read that it is only possible to export the Clock on CLK OUT or DDC CLOCK OUT. And yes your device generatrion is Single Data Rate.

Link:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374962d.pdf

But if you want to export your sample clock to DIO,

- you have to choose the clock 2 times faster,

- and the ouput of your normal data have to be Double Data Rate (DDR)

- and creat a DO as clock by the DO alternate HIGH-LOW output

Can you please try this VI? This one is a new modification of your VI. I Can´t try it in office because I actually don´t have the hardware here.

I hope we can avoid with this the error which appears if you don´t delete the export sample clock.vi

Best regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(2,718 Views)

Hello Yan,

Iam sorry. I forgot the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(2,717 Views)