Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1D array daq input to chart

I am trying to get my TI DSP processed result into DAQ card PCI6023E.

My data is serial output with clk and frame sync signal as well, they come from 3 lines on DSP. So i need 3 digital IO lines on DAQ. While I configure the each DAQ Assistant line, all the line inputs are 1D array of digital data waveforms, and I plan to use graph chart for display, the graph chart input is dynamic data. How can I convert to make these two link and work?

Another, how to configure the DAQ assistant? while I opened the DAQ assistant and selected the digital line, it asked me to select acqusition mode such as 1 sample(On Demand), 1Sample(HW timed), N Samples, Continues. Which one should I select for my case?

Totally I need 3 digital IO lines for my 3 inputs which are serial data, clk and frame sync signal.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,154 Views)
So is the overall goal just to display these signals?  What is the rate at which you want to read?  I would probably recommend doing a continuous read on all of your lines and use your clk signal as your external clock tied to to one of your PFI lines.  Your daq assistant will set this up for you including placing it into a loop.  Once you get to this point, you can right click on your data output of the daq assistant vi and click create >> Indicator.  This will create a digital waveform graph for you on the front panel.  I have attached a simple example.  You will probably need to reassign the channels to accomodate your device.  If this does not work for, please provide me more details on what you want to do with these signals.  I am also curious if this is just a standard serial output.  If so, you may want to consider using your serial port on your computer with NI-VISA.  This will be much easier.  Let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,
L. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,136 Views)
As far as the differences between the sampling modes, please see the DAQmx Help.  There is a link to this from the help in the DAQ Assistant.

Regards,
L. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,133 Views)
Hi Allen,

I am sorry that I could not open your attached file. I am using Labview 7.1.

yes, I just want to display the signal, the data rate is around 1Hz.

Actually, I am running TMS320C6713 DSK board, and plan to connect its McBSP to the DAQ. As McBSP has 3 outputs, they are clk, frame sync and data. I will connect these 3 outputs to the DAQ Digital input. and then use the graph chart to show these received signal on computer.

Now my problem is the graph chart only accept dynamic data type, and the DAQ assist output is only 1D array digital waveform, so how can I convert this output to make the graph chart accept these signals and show them.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,130 Views)
Sorry about that.  If you are using LV 7.1, that VI would not work anyway.  7.1 does not have a digital graph.  I have create an example for you.  There is some conversion that takes place to display the data in the chart.  Also, the interpolation properties were changed to look like a digital signal.  I hope this help. 

Regards,
L. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,113 Views)
Hi Allen,

Thanks a lot! But I found you maybe misunderstood my application.

I only have 1 digital input to DAQ which transmit the serial data, not 4 parrarel data digital lines. How can I do this?

Thanks a lot!

J
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,110 Views)

Hi J,

So, if you want to acquire data on a single digital line, you will be able to modify the example that Lon posted. Currently, his example is setup for 4 lines: all that you need to do is delete three of the digital input lines in the DAQ Assistant and then you won't have to index the array coming out of the DAQ Assistant either. I was also wondering if you gave any thought to acquiring this data via the serial port on the computer.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,088 Views)