From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed in mm/s

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Iggy,

I am aware of your problem through DigiMetrix and your other post in the forum.

TakeArm is a command that is implemented in RobSlave.pac which should be present on your RC7 controller - otherwise

you would not be able to issue any move command from the LabVIEW library.

Actually you do not have to use or edit RobSlave directly. You might be able to use the function through the UserExtension.vi.

If you want to view the file you can either use your Teaching Pendant or - if you have ORiN installed on your PC - you can

point your windows explorer to "c:\ORiN2\CAO\ProviderLib\DENSO\NetwoRC\Bin\RobSlave.pac".

In RobSlave.pac there are two constants defined:

#define RBS_CMD_TAKEARM         1100
#define RBS_CMD_GIVEARM         1101

As you might guess those relate to the "TakeArm" and "GiveArm" commands (I believe you have access to the programmer's

manual).

Using the UserExtension.vi with either of these constants and "1" or "2" as variables should execute the respective commands.

If this does not work there might still be a chance to extend "UserExtension.pac". But I would give it a try first.

Please let me know if this works or fails.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(4,794 Views)

Hi Alexander,

I'm programming exclusively in LV and using the DRL with the 6-axis robot and a separate Denso motor on the 7th axis. I saw the list of command definitions for both robslave.pac and userextension.pac in WINCAPS III. I guess it didn't occur to me to use the DRL's UserExtension.vi for robslave commands, as well. I'll try it out. Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Iggy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(4,786 Views)