cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Editor Framework (CEF)

Hey Vincent, we found two isses related to this:

https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/CEF/issues/76

https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/CEF/issues/75

76 is the actual issue: when you script out a new sample project the overlay "error.png" is not included. To fix this temporarily, copy the glyph from <labview>\ProjectTemplates\Source\Advanced Configurator\Glyphs\Error.png into your project's glyph directory.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 67
(7,614 Views)

Thanks a lot guys. I installed new version 2.1.1.38 and it fixes the issue. Very reactive.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 67
(7,605 Views)

Hi,

I need to implement some rules in terms of naming for my nodes. I'm wondering whether there are already some examples around that. The first thing I need is to ensure some uniqueness of node name when adding a new one. On top of that, I need to create some variants: depending on parent type, I need to have uniqueness up to one level in the tree or the entire tree, this kind of thing.

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 67
(7,597 Views)

Hi Vincent, that can be done, but we don’t have the specific example of that specific that you need. 

If its just fixed names for the node (to controlled by the user) If can either be controlled by overriding the initialize, and the duplicate vis, so it checks which names are taken and then initializes with a different one. In the template you are using, when you duplicate a group it will always add copy to the name of the group.

What you would need to do is something similar as the tag bus framework is doing with the tags. And basically is the parents is going to keep a list of the names used, when you want to change the name of the node it will check against this list and won’t allow that change to a duplicated name.

The ideal way to store this list is in the parent node itself so you can create a method for it and obtain the list, a quicker way to do it would be just add a FGV and store them there, but it becomes more complex if you are allowing repeated names in different groups.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 67
(7,579 Views)

I Created a new CEF Project, using a prefix name of the classes.

The EditOptions of the example Nodes, are stll revering to the classes without the prefix.

I expected that the wizard would have modified this.

Floris Reinders
Senior Project Engineer / CLA
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 67
(7,536 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to use the CEF in my next project toe review it's effectiveness.

After reading the documentation : http://www.ni.com/example/51881/en/ , there where more questions then answers. I can't find a webcast that's gives a walkthrough, or the documents as used in the NI-Week workshop. I would suggest that the latter would be added to the official documentation.

Also in the documentation there is no mention of the Advanced CEF, and the difference beteween them en when to use one or the other. What I am also missing are examples made by others on this forum.

My fear is that even after I have succesfully used it, I can't convince my colleagues to also use it when there is so little documentation and examples. It would mean that I have to create an internal Manual on CEF, that shouldn't be necessary.

I hope that this discussion group get's more interactive, and that the documentation is completed.

Floris Reinders
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 67
(7,516 Views)

Hi mr_builder, it’s great you are using CEF for your project.

In the current documentation from the CEF there is no mention of the Advance template (hierarchical), that template was created after the first release of the CEF, based on different projects that were using the editor one of them being the Tag Bus Data Framework. The most common feedback was that most users didn’t want to worry about the to repo and from repo classes, and didn’t care about the repo. The advance template (Hierarchical) takes care of this for most people. Still some users want to have the framework stripped to its bare minimum functionality and that is what the original template provides.

I am working on updating the documentation to include the advance template (also to avoid confusion we are fixing the naming convention). I hope to have this document publish probably next week as well as some updates and bug fixes in the CEF. There are currently no webcast on using the tool, we might do them in the future.

The hands-on we had in alliance day was for Tag Bus Data Framework, and you can find it here: Alliance Day 2015 Hands-on for Tag Bus Data Framework. Right now the editor of the framework is one of the most complete examples we have of using CEF.  Also they use it in the SPI framework that will be published soon: https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/SPIFramework

Also we are tracking all the open issues

https://github.com/NISystemsEngineering/CEF

Best Regards

Benjamin C
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 67
(7,508 Views)

Hi mr_builder,  how is the project going? The online documentation is now updated to include the Hierachichal repo ( it is the advance CEF in previus versions) but to reduce confusions the name was updated. Also on tools network the newest version is online it is the 2.1.1.41.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 67
(7,477 Views)

I have given a small demonstration last week to all my collegeagues of the CEF. I will try the new patch and have to wait for my next project that is fit for purpose, I hope to give feedback after that.

PS on my pc I don't see a new available version, pressed refresh a couple of times. Highest version in the Package Manager = 2.1.0.15

Floris Reinders
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 67
(7,472 Views)

Hi mr_builder, the version it is showing is the version currently installed but the icon should have changed to indicate there is an update for it. You can right click on it and select upgraded.

Best Regards

Benjamin C
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 67
(7,458 Views)