Developer Center Resources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI License Manager 4.0.1

In order to include the NI License Manager API into your LabVIEW-built installer, you need to have NI License Manager 4.0.1 or later installed.  The latest version of NI License Manager can be downloaded from here.

Installer: NI_License_Manager_401.exe (161.57 MB)

Checksum (MD5): 03cd4ad2e8a3e018b73634fe0ea45304

Which Operating Systems will the NI License Manager run on?  Server 2022?

Will our old version of Multisim 2017 work with the new NLM?

Comments
MaximeR
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi David,

This is a requirements to use the API. Can you tell me which minimum version of NI Platform will install NILM 4.0.1 or higher Version ?

Which component will install this NILM on a computer ? (LabVIEW Run-Time, TestStand...)

Can I redistribute this Installer ?

Can I easily detect if NILM 4.0.1 is installed on the computer ?

For our toolkits, we use software like InnoSetup to build our installer. With this tool we can easily check registry key during installation process. Can we check if NILM 4.0.1 or higher is installed with registry ?

Regards

MaximeR

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

David_L
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi Maxime,

Which component will install this NILM on a computer ? (LabVIEW Run-Time, TestStand...)

NILM 4.0.1 does not currently ship with any product, which is why we include it here for developer use.  The API technically only needs 4.0 which ships with all products past LabVIEW 2017.  However, there was a change in NILM 4.0.1 which exposed the installer in the "Additional Installers" list of the LabVIEW installer builder.  If you are using LabVIEW Installer builder for your installer and you wanted to include NILM with your application installer (which in almost all cases you should) then you need 4.0.1.

All future releases of NILM (which will ship with all future licensed NI software) will include a version of NILM that has the "Additional Installers" feature.

Can I redistribute this Installer ?

Absolutely, that's the intention and it's actually a requirement in order for NILM to work on an end user's computer.

Can I easily detect if NILM 4.0.1 is installed on the computer ?

Inside the "Open Session" VI of NILM class is a function that checks if NILM is installed on the system.  It will throw an error if it's not installed, so all you need to do is call Open Session at the beginning of your application code and handle the appropriate error (-41899)

For our toolkits, we use software like InnoSetup to build our installer. With this tool we can easily check registry key during installation process. Can we check if NILM 4.0.1 or higher is installed with registry ?

Sure, just check the Version value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\License Manager

--David

Witchdoctor
on

Which Operating Systems will the NI License Manager run on?  Server 2022?

Will our old version of Multisim 2017 work with the new NLM?