From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup.exe in LVTN

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I read some docu about LVTN and the Package-Manager.

I learned how to build packages with VIs in it and install them into the addons.

But for our product the customer needs another program which is not a LabView application.

Is it possible to distribute also this application (which is packed as a installshield setup) via the tools network?

Maybe I overlooked something in the documentation. - Everything I read about exe files was LabView Standaloe applications.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author a.metz

Hello,

Any software which integrates and builds upon the NI Ecosystem is welcome on the LabVIEW Tools Network, as long as it follows the LabVIEW Tools Network Software Requirements.  This includes software not written in LabVIEW, but communicates with NI hardware or software platforms.  If you want to discuss the exact details of your software and if it makes sense to distribute on the LabVIEW Tools Network, please contact our team at labviewtoolsnetwork(at)ni.com.

Thanks!
David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,692 Views)

Thank you David.

I will go on with this topic in the new year.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,673 Views)