Delhi NCR (NCRLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access of a LabVIEW Standalone application through cloud or any server

Hey Guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

So I basically have developed an application that print some label through printers . Now I want to Access this standalone application through some cloud storage/server . Like I want to keep this application on a server and then any person having credentials of this server can access this application on their system and run this application and can print Label through their printer which is attached to the system on which they are accessing this application. I am in doubt since printer is Usb connected to cpu /laptop/tab . Will it be possible or not. Please help 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,641 Views)

Hello Saumya,

If people have access to your application on server / cloud-storage, and also have LV Runtime installed, then they can run an instance of that application on their client PC. Just by launching it. And you can add VISA Find Resource function (together with some logic) in your application to identify resource descriptor of your label-printer, on the client PC.

If you're talking about Hosting a web application pl check the link below

https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview-web-module/latest/manual/hosting-labview-server/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,620 Views)