cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue when create new module from custom template

Solved!
Go to solution

thanks first for this great framework!

we made a custom module template, and have created a new module from this template, for the first time.

and curious thing occured, when we tried to create another new module.

here is the error displayed.

royceking_0-1598883707524.png

we finally find the template api tester is moved inside the lvlib automatical, though this api tester is originally included in the "Tester" virtual folder, before the first time we use this template to create a module,like this.

royceking_1-1598884151360.png

and if we remove the api tester outside and back to the "Tester" virtual folder again, we can use this template to create new module again without error. but again, the api tester is moved inside the lvlib, and error occured.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,793 Views)

I reported the bug directly to Delacor 2 months ago, and they created an issue.

I'm pretty sure that the next version of DQMH will come with a fix 🙂

To be curious, I came across the issue because I would like to duplicate an existing module inside my project. I created a feature request for that, by that way --> https://forums.ni.com/t5/DQMH-Feature-Requests/Add-duplicate-module-menu/idi-p/4062011

What was your use case?

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Message 2 of 11
(2,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author royceking

@Olivier-JOURDAN wrote:

I reported the bug directly to Delacor 2 months ago, and they created an issue.

I'm pretty sure that the next version of DQMH will come with a fix 🙂

It will be in the next release.

For now, when adding a new DQMH module from template, make sure the module used to create the template is not in the same project as to where you are adding the new module. You could create a blank project just to add your DQMH module and then move the module folder to the correct location. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope the workaround can help you out for now.

Thanks again for your trust in DQMH,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 3 of 11
(2,749 Views)

it is similar with your case. we define each test item as a module, and there are almost 40 test items in this project.

each test item will be loaded dynamic and we create a module "test execute" to act like a middleware to manage these items.

we have refered to HSE application template for way of dynamic loading and registering modules. this framework is a little bit complicated for us, so we just use simple dqmh template.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,734 Views)

all right, this is the way out and it works.

looking forward to the next release.

Message 5 of 11
(2,729 Views)

Hi Fabiola,

When will that update be released?  I had the same problem with making a module from a template so it isn't in 5.0.0.72, which I believe is the latest rev.  of Delacor QMH.  Does the problem also mean that we can't use the template multiple times in the same project?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,259 Views)

@carlos_camargo  a écrit :

Hi Fabiola,

When will that update be released?  I had the same problem with making a module from a template so it isn't in 5.0.0.72, which I believe is the latest rev.  of Delacor QMH.  Does the problem also mean that we can't use the template multiple times in the same project?

Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

DQMH 6.0 is on its way, thank you for your patience.

Waiting for the release, If you want to create a module from a module template that stands in your project, simply move back the tester to its original place after each creation.

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,238 Views)

Hi Olivier-Jourdan,

Thanks for that response.  I have some new information on my problem.  I created a simpler custom template in a different project.  This one had no ties to the original project.  This template I was able to use, even several times on my main project.  Also, in the main project, the one with the template problem, there was a shared class-based instrument that was part of the template.

C

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,233 Views)

Do you mean that you have an issue with templates when the template is not in the project you want to add a new module to? That is the original issue this thread is about.

If so, can you please give us more information? What's the error you get when creating the new module, etc...

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,225 Views)

@royceking wrote:

we have refered to HSE application template for way of dynamic loading and registering modules. this framework is a little bit complicated for us, so we just use simple dqmh template.

@royceking sorry for not reacting, I missed this paragraph when I read this thread the first time. 

If you find the time, could you elaborate on what made it difficult for you to go with the HSE application template? Which parts were too complicated? Where should we add comments or documentation?

We'd appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,221 Views)