DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to synchronize events When Module used in RT

Solved!
Go to solution

When I move my project to the RT site, all the Start module returned error with, for instance,

"SystemLink.lvlib:Module Not Synced--error.vi:820001<ERR>
SystemLink Module was unable to synchronize events." 

As I tracked the data flow in "Wait on Module Sync.vi", I think that the problem perhaps happened at the red circle in the following picture :

where is notifier.JPG

But, I unable find where is the notifier wakes them!!

So, can anyone help me to let me know that??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,545 Views)

Hi Neil,

If you create a new cloneable DQMH module with "Do Something" included, move it to RT, and then create the RT API Tester, do you get the same error?

If not, I would look at what you changed in the initialize case and your Start Module VI for the DQMH module that is not working for you.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,519 Views)

Dup.post....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,501 Views)

Hello Fab,

I created a new cloneable DQMH module with "Do Something" included, moved it to RT, and then created the RT API Tester.
After that, I build a RT application with "RT API Tester.vi" as startup VI. The application was run as well. There was no error.

Here are some snipping shot from my project,

The first is the vi which working for calling all Module startup,

Start All modules (2).JPG

The second vi is the initialize case of the Module,

Initialize in SystemLink Module.JPG

I don't change any code in the "Start Module VI". 

When the application runs as startup in cRIO, I get the error from the "Start Module VI"

Error log.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,508 Views)

Neil, are you working with Linux RT and Embedded UI enabled? Then maybe this thread might be of interest to you: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Delacor-Toolkits-Discussions/Deploy-and-run-at-Startup-for-RT-systems/m-p/3...

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,486 Views)

@joerg.hampel  已寫:

Neil, are you working with Linux RT and Embedded UI enabled? Then maybe this thread might be of interest to you: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Delacor-Toolkits-Discussions/Deploy-and-run-at-Startup-for-RT-systems/m-p/3...

Hi, Joerg

Yes, I am working with Linux RT and Embedded UI enabled. 

It looks like I run into the same problem as the thread and the problem still not solve now.

Unfortunately, if I uncheck the "Enable Embedded UI", I got another error with the same description "Unable to sync Event" in the "initialize case".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,477 Views)

From your description, it sounds as if you're running into the error described in the other thread, even with Embedded UI disabled. For clarification: Do you see the error only when running your application as startup exe (i.e. in the run-time engine) or also in the development environment?

Are you working with singleton modules? If so, an easy way to test our workaround is described in this post: Make the main.vi of the singleton DQMH module reentrant, and modify the "Get Module Main VI Information.vi" of the module as shown in that post (i.e. load main.vi reentrant). 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,468 Views)

Hi Joerg,

My application runs well in the development, but not in the run-time engine.

If using the default "Get Module Main VI Information.vi" and set my cRIO9030 with Embedded UI disabled, then I got this error:

Error in MainVI.JPG

as you said, my application was developed with singleton module. The workaround posted in there is going well for me. Thank you.

btw, there is a simple way to ignore that error is to use the "clear error.vi", but it's not a logically way. So I want to find out why DQMH is not able in RT, and try to find a solution for my project.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NeilChien

@NeilChien wrote:

btw, there is a simple way to ignore that error is to use the "clear error.vi", but it's not a logically way. So I want to find out why DQMH is not able in RT, and try to find a solution for my project.

Ignoring or clearing the error won't make your module work, as there are other places within the DQMH framework (i.e. handing the Module Admin object over to the main.vi of the module via a VI server call) that - due to a bug in LabVIEW - don't work on Linux RT with Embedded UI enabled when executing in the runtime engine.

One solution is to only use cloneable modules, as this bug doesn't affect reentrant VIs. 

Another solution is the workaround I posted here which you already know.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,453 Views)