DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two minor quibbles in DQMH

Two very small little quirks that it would be nice to see if they could be fixed.

1. When creating a new event, the arguments window seems to always want to default it's controls to the last event you created that had a control on it. This isn't usually a problem, unless the control can't be found and than you get an annoying, go find this control window everytime you go to make an event.

For example; I built an event for a module and used a typedef control as an argument, an enum. Later I scrapped that module, including the enum. Since then I've been making lots of command-type events, with no arguments. Everytime I go to make a new event I have to close the search window that pops up and tell it to ignore that enum. It will do that until the next time I make an event that actually contains an argument.

2. The bookmarks use the #CodeNeeded tag. I also default most of my bookmarks to #CodeNeeded. Now, when I need to find a place where I needed to go back and make a change, I have to dig through DQMH bookmarks as well as my own. It would be nice if the DQMH bookmarks could be #DQMHCodeNeeded, or some such. 

Anyway, that's it. Other than that I'm totally digging the kit. Easy and expandable, and super easy to develop TestStand with. Once this project moves into building sequenced tests I'm definitely going to be happy we chose this route. 

Message 1 of 5
(3,296 Views)

Not too sure, but I think I only see your first issue if I save the arguments window. Just in case you're not aware: You don't need to save it after dropping controls onto it.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,291 Views)

@joerg.hampel wrote:

Not too sure, but I think I only see your first issue if I save the arguments window. Just in case you're not aware: You don't need to save it after dropping controls onto it.

Agree that this is probably the issue you are having. Either install the toolkit again or just delete any controls that are on the front panel of the Arguments window and save the Arguments window again.

BTW, people ask why we made the Arguments window be a regular VI. This is so both palettes and quick drop work on it to drop new controls. 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,289 Views)

Ian,

Thanks for giving DQMH a try, glad to hear it is working out for you so well. 

I will add your feature request to our wishlist:

Replace #CodeNeeded with #DQMHCodeNeeded 

Keep the feedback coming and let us know how your integration with TestStand goes. 

If you don't mind, share your experience with DQMH via the LabVIEW Tools Network reviews: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213286#ratingsAndReviews

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,288 Views)

Yep, that was it. Deleted the control and re-saved it. It probably got caught up in a "Save All" at some point, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll put up a review today Fabiola, thanks again for helping the community so much.

Message 5 of 5
(3,284 Views)