DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Clone Registration API.vi

For clonable modules, would there be any examples of how to use "Test Clone Registration API.vi" ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,487 Views)

The Test Cloneable Registration API is there to show/test how the rest of the VIs in that library work. The library is completely copied into your cloneable module. If you decide you would like to modify clone modules registration, you can use that tester to make sure the rest of the code would still work.

Let us know if you would like for us to make a video describing this VI. 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,461 Views)

Yes a video on how to use the Test Cloneable Registration API would be nice. I am working on a cloneable module that I would like to control 2 slightly different pieces of hardware. I was thinking of using the OOP-factory pattern to abstract the hardware, then launch 2 different clones of my module each configured, immediately after start, to load the correct drivers. I think I can still use the regular Tester to troubleshoot this scenario, but I was wondering what other goodies, such as Test Cloneable Registration API there were and what they did.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,452 Views)