From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking best pratice to modify input of DQMH Event

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to update inputs of a module Event (Request and wait for reply).

I am seeking for DO and DON'T on this specific operation. 

I would like to avoid deleting existing event and creating a new one... But may be you will tell me this is the only way.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Behr-33

@Behr-33 wrote:

Hello,

I want to update inputs of a module Event (Request and wait for reply).

I am seeking for DO and DON'T on this specific operation. 

I would like to avoid deleting existing event and creating a new one... But may be you will tell me this is the only way.

Regards

Deleting and creating again is one option.

The other one is going to the module's Public API folder, there, you will see the Arguments folder. Find the typedef for the arguments that you want to change and modify it. Now, you need to make sure you modify the Request, and where the Event handles the request. Same for the reply. A way to do this is to right-click on the typedef on the project and select to find callers, go to each one of the callers and make sure the new elements are handled correctly.

I hope this helps.

Happy wiring, 

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 3
(2,622 Views)

Hello

It works ... and the operation enabled me to understand better DQMH framework: two birds with one stone

Thank you

Behr

Message 3 of 3
(2,592 Views)