From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge of DQMH and Continous Measurement and Logging projects

hi together,

first thanks for this great framework. I think I understand it enough to use it.
But now I have a question, mainly to make no beginner mistakes at the start of a bigger project.

1. Immagine I have a

• Data Acq. Modul (analog Data, loopfrequency arround 200Hz) and
  • 1 or more communication Modul(LIN or Tcp...arround 20Hz).

Now I want to do 2 things with the data from this 2 Modules:

• Show it in the Main UI (with 8Hz) and
  • Log it to a file (with something between 0,5 Hz and 100Hz)

I read, the best way to send the data is by Broadcasting them.

So now the Main and Log Module are registered to both Broadcasts. Now both modules get 220 Messages per second.
Isnt this problematic?
How can I set the frequency for UI and Log the best way?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(3,904 Views)

@M.Lichtenheld wrote:

I read, the best way to send the data is by Broadcasting them.

So now the Main and Log Module are registered to both Broadcasts. Now both modules get 220 Messages per second.
Isnt this problematic?
How can I set the frequency for UI and Log the best way?

Hi Lichtenheld, 

There is no problem with both the Main and the Log Module be registered to the same event. If your graphs do not update at the expected rate, then I suggest you create a helper loop at the Main UI module that only registeres to the stop module event and to the Data broadcast. This will result in this loop be dedicated to updating the UI and will not be interrupted by other events.

BTW, last week, I was working on a project that had a DQMH Logging module, and I realized that the stop module for this DQMH module should not be a priority message, because when it was, the module was exiting before finishing writing all the fields to disk. So, we made an exception and made this Stop Module message not a priority (this is at the event case that handles the Stop Module request in the Logging Module Main.vi).

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 12 of 19
(3,885 Views)

This is an old post but I figured that if someone else is searching for DQMH and the Continuous Measurement and Logging sample project that they would find this useful...

At NI Week last week, I presented tips and tricks for a successful DQMH project. I used the NI Continuous Measurement and Logging sample project as the basis for a DQMH project for the demos. 

The material for the presentation can be found here

http://delacor.com/tips-and-tricks-for-a-successful-dqmh-based-project/

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(3,263 Views)

Fab,

Is there a sample DQMH CML.lvproj available for download?

-wireman

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(3,136 Views)

@wireman wrote:

Fab,

Is there a sample DQMH CML.lvproj available for download?

-wireman

Hi Wireman,

I will take your inquiry as an opportunity to unofficially announce the release of DQMH 4.1.

The DQMH CML will be shipping as a Sample Project (Getting Started Window>Create Project>DQMH CML) with DQMH 4.1. We are submitting it to the LabVIEW Tools Network, if you want to take a peek, you can download the release candidate at 

DQMH 4.1 is on its way to the LVTN. In the meantime, you can download the release candidate from here. When you click on the link, it will download immediately if you are already logged in to our website. If you don't have an account with Delacor, you can register here.

The documentation for 4.1 is at https://delacor.com/documentation/dqmh-html/DQMHDocumentation.html

and the release notes are at 

https://delacor.com/dqmh-documentation/dqmh-4-1-release-notes/

Let us know how you like it and if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(3,123 Views)

Hi Fab,

I've enjoyed your videos and want to use DQMH for a new project, very similar to the CML DQMH example.  

I couldn't download the release candidate from the link after registering and logging in at Delacor.com.  Is there another route to this example code?

Also, will these be compatible with LabVIEW 2016 or could a copy be back-saved? 

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(3,108 Views)

Hi Chris, 

Sorry for your trouble, I went ahead and updated my post to have a link that should work for you to download the release candidate:

"DQMH 4.1 is on its way to the LVTN. In the meantime, you can download the release candidate from here. When you click on the link, it will download immediately if you are already logged in to our website. If you don't have an account with Delacor, you can register here."

DQMH 4.1 is compatible with LabVIEW 2014 and later, you should be able to use the DQMH CML Sample Project Template.

Please let me know if this new link works for you and you are able to download DQMH 4.1.

Regards,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(3,092 Views)

Thanks so much Fab!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(3,081 Views)

@wireman wrote:

Thanks so much Fab!

No problem!

Let us know what you think of the sample project or if you have any questions.

Regards,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(3,071 Views)