From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will you approach my application?

Solved!
Go to solution

Tester.png

I have been watching the videos and taking a look at the demos. I would like to start using DQMH for this application I need to work on.

If I understand It correctly. My UI will be an Application Calling the modules right?

I will create a:

Test Profile Singleton Module

Data Acquisition Singleton Module

Log Module Singleton Module

Test Profile Driven Pressure Hold Test singleton module

Report singleton Module

My  Test Profile Driven Pressure Hold Test singleton module will need to always be subscribed to the data acquisition sensor data broadcast to PULL that information right? Same with the LOG?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,448 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buton

@buton wrote:

If I understand It correctly. My UI will be an Application Calling the modules right? 

Yes. You can make the calling application use any design pattern you want. You could also make the Top Level Application a DQMH module itself, it is up to you.

@buton wrote: 

My  Test Profile Driven Pressure Hold Test singleton module will need to always be subscribed to the data acquisition sensor data broadcast to PULL that information right? Same with the LOG?

Sounds right. Two suggestions:

1) Look at the Helper Loop blog post that Joerg wrote. You might benefit from having your Data Acquisition module have a helper loop to broadcast the data. This will depend on how fast you need to broadcast the data.

2) For your logging module, implement a buffer. Meaning, there is no need to write every single piece of data that comes in as it comes in, you can keep it in an array and write segments of data at a time. If you go with this approach, make sure you don't make the Log Module.lvlib:Stop Module.vi enqueue the Exit as a priority message, otherwise, you might end up missing some data at the end (if the data is still in the event queue and it has not been processed yet).

Happy wiring,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,437 Views)

Thanks for the fast response.. i am going to start my application and update you on my progress..

Thanks

CLAD, CTD
Message 3 of 4
(3,430 Views)

Well project got canceled... and moving to another project very similar...

I will document  in other post

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,193 Views)