DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First try to DQMH to rewrite CML

Yesterday I tried DQMH to rewrite CML program.  it succeeded finally. please check attachment for a reference. I think i just learned a little about this Tool. when i tried to created stop  user event. i got error as below,  something already in memory, and i had to change name from Stop to Stoop to avoid the problem. but i am still curious how to fix the issue.       

there is another issue about the rewriting. when exiting log, in original CML program. getting all data from queue, then save to TDMS.  but it seems that i can't do this using  user event.  in a word, there seems no way to get all elements one time on user event queue....... 

by the way, i use LabVIEW 2016. the attachment has already contained  an exe.

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(3,260 Views)

Hi Snipper, 

Error 1357 that you are getting when creating a new event is due to a Stop.vi already in the file where the events get saved. In the next release of DQMH (4.0) we have addressed this by making the error a lot more clear. This has been reported earlier in posts, like this one.

Instead of naming it "Stoop" I would have gone for something like "Stop Execution" 😉

I will review your zip file later so the following might not be at all what you need:

One thing that comes to mind from your description is that logging DQMH Modules are different in that we want to make sure all events are processed before exiting. In the past, we have made the Exit enqueue not be a priority message. This will ensure the logging module gets to process all of the data sent to it before exiting. 

Thanks for trying out DQMH,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,234 Views)

Hi Fab 

Thanks for your reply.  your explanation makes me clearer.

As for Stoop,  Sorry for that. i never know this word really exists. Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,224 Views)