Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding new module from my template

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

Hello to all!

I've created my own template for the first time. There was no problem doing that. But I forgot to add some controls to my library and after creating some modules I've found out that I was breaking all of them everytime I modified the typedef 😀.

I tried to restart the situation by creating again the template but now I can't create a new module from my template. It works if I select the singleton or cloneable.

The error is this one:

Jorge_Amaral_0-1602520263495.png

I already:

1. reinstalled DQMH;

2. Validate the module.

What can I do more?

PS: the module template is in the attachment.

Thanks in advance!

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(188 Views)
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jorge_Amaral

Hey Jorge, this issue has been reported before, Olivier and Fab answered and provided a solution/workaround.

An opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepreneurs (Fab, Steve and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops
Automate the analyzing, testing, documenting, building, packaging and publishing of your projects via CI/CD:
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW

Message 2 of 3
(162 Views)
Highlighted

Hello Joerg,

I don't think that it's my case. I made a quick test with two new projects to create the template and to create a new module and the result is the same. 

But now I've found out that i've done some changes to the controls when I had several modules in error to recover them. Since I didn't knew that I was modifying the template those applied to the template too. 

The template is simple and I think that I will create a new one to fix this situation.

Thank you very much for your time!

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 3 of 3
(122 Views)