From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion regarding feature request: Change "bundle" to "bundle by name" in EHL, Use dummy Cluster or improve wire-scripting

AlexElb added this feature request

see https://forums.ni.com/t5/Delacor-Toolkits-Documents/DQMH-Feature-Requests/tac-p/4014275/highlight/tr...

Here is a picture of the feature request (Alex, if you are reading, please add a link to this discussion to your feature request post, thanks)

change bundle to bundle by name feature request.jpg

We use bundle instead of bundle by name because at least this way LabVIEW grows the bundle automatically when we add new elements and we can figure out during debugging that we forgot to wire them (believe me, it has happened to me too!). 

We already have a "dummy" cluster for the argument, this feature request would require yet another dummy cluster. If we get enough kudos to the idea, we could add this. Another option would be to add a scripting tool to modify the existing arguments for an event (feel free to add that as a feature suggestion).

I would prefer if LabVIEW would just make the cluster available via the event node, luck would have it, there is already an Idea Exchange entry for that, please vote for it. Who knows, we may get it 😉

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-Dynamically-Registered-User-Events-to-preserve-...

Thanks for  your trust  in DQMH,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 2
(2,100 Views)

Thank you Fabiola for pointing to this idea exchange entry, I had missed it... I've been wishing for this for as long as I've used user events, hope the votes will get a kick up!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,072 Views)