From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH5.0 + Labview 2019 Clonable module not closing properly.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Please find the attachment below,

My DQMH 5.0 Clonable module not closing Properly its keeping on incrementing module number. even after stopping the module.

The same module with Labview 2018 + DQMH 4.0 is Ifine but in DQMH5.0 + Labview 2019 SP1 is not closing properly.

Thanks & Regards,

Saran.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SaranVenkateshS

Hi Saran,

There was a change in DQMH 5.0. The numbers start now at 1 instead of 4001 and they continue to increment. The way you do know that the module does stop is that the library for the clone is not locked after you stop the API Tester.

There is more explanations about this change in the first VI in the lower left of the Main.vi. You can choose to change the boolean input to destroy the reference in exit and that will be the same behavior as before. However, that leaves your program succeptible to root loop issues.

Check the video of the presentation Joerg and I gave at VI week, we show there what the root loop issue was and how DQMH 5.0 fixes it.

https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/DSH_Workshops#DSH_VIWeek_DQMH_5.0_Introduction

We added a section to the documentation on what is new, look at the section on the changes on how DQMH modules start now.

https://delacor.com/documentation/dqmh-html/WhatisNewonDQMH.html 

Let me know if this is clear now or if you have any further questions.

Best regards and thanks for your trust in DQMH,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 2
(1,571 Views)