cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH v3.1.0.18 on Windows 10 x64 1709 VM with LabVIEW Fall 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble in installing the DQMH framework in my VM. VIPM complains that either the operating system or the LabVIEW version are not compatible (see screenshot).

We have LabVIEW 2017 (not the Fall 2017 version) with the DQMH framework working on multiple Windows 10 x64 1709 VMs, so I guess it has to do with the LabVIEW version.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Best,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,430 Views)

I have seen this issue with VIPM (not specific to DQMH, but with other packages) where double-clicking a VIP file on disk would give that message, but opening the VIP from the File menu in VIPM did not. But I'm guessing you're trying to install from the Tools Network list in VIPM. In that case, I'm not sure what would cause this to happen.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,411 Views)

Hi Francesco, 

What VIPM version are you using? I will try to reproduce it on my end. I am currently using VIPM 2014 and 2016 in different machines and there is no problem installing DQMH.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,408 Views)

Hi Fabiola,

I used the VIPM that came with the LabVIEW Fall 2017 installation (2017.0.0f1 Sep 22 2017), and I don't have any other LabVIEW installation on the VM. Is it a problem of VIPM?

Best,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,401 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frferrara

Hi Francesco,

In many cases, deleting the cache of the Package Manager helps. It can be found in Win7/10 under C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache. Simply delete all files in the folder. It will then be rebuilt at the next call.

Regards,

Nils

Message 5 of 7
(4,395 Views)

Hi Nils,

Thanks, it actually solved the problem 🙂

Best,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,391 Views)

Hi Francesco,

Very nice, I'm glad. Incidentally, such types of problems also occur when someone works in the corporate environment with simple user rights and sometimes with admin rights. Again, the previous solution will help.

Regards,

Nils

Message 7 of 7
(4,385 Views)