cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH tool doesn't recognize DQMH module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

First I would like to say that i think the DQMH is a brilliant tool, It's an excellent design pattern and a great boost to my productivity.

I often use the Rename/Create/Remove DQMH events in the DQMH tools menu.

Today when I started working on one of my projects I noticed that the tool no longer recognize on of the modules... 😞 

Trying to compare with one of my other modules, I suspect that deleting on of the default broadcast event caused it - The Status updated event. ( I wrote on of my own so I deleted the default one).

Before I recreate the module... are there any hints on what should I look into for the reason that the tool no longer recognize the module?

Also to help me be more careful in the future..

Thanks,

Barukh.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barukh_t

Removing the Status Updated broadcast VI is probably what is causing the DQMH tools to not recognize your module. Make sure you don't remove or rename any of the VIs that are part of the template. There are a lot of assumptions that the DQMH tools make regarding what parts of the module are present. For example, the Status Updated VI is needed because it is scripted into new Request and Wait for Reply events if the wait times out.

I suggest going back to a previous version of your code in source control to get the Status Updated VI that you had before you deleted it, and re-add it to your module. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it there, even if you are not using it.

Also, what does your Status Updated VI do that the original one did not? Because it's fine to add functionality to the existing Status Updated VI, as long as you don't remove any of its core components or change its interface.

Message 2 of 6
(4,497 Views)

Thanks.

You are right I should have just updated the existing VI.

It just that I didn't realized I should not delete the template VIs.

Barukh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,487 Views)

For future reference, the documentation lists what make the DQMH tools recognize a DQMH module as a DQMH module.

See:

http://delacor.com/documentation/dqmh-html/DQMHDocumentation.html?ValidatinganExistingDQMHModule.htm...

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,475 Views)

After renaming my VI name to "Status Updated.vi" and renaming the matching broadcast event cluster in the Broadcast Events--cluster.ctl typdef, the tool once again recognizes my module :D.

thanks for all the help!

Message 5 of 6
(4,472 Views)

Hello

The tool don't recognize a module if you recreate a "Arguments" or "Requests" directory in an other sub-directory than "Public API" (for example "Private Requests").

I put it there to help further DQMH users

Message 6 of 6
(2,293 Views)