cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH events not working in exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Jörg,

thanks anyway... I'll see if I can make it work...

Cheers

Niels Göran

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(929 Views)

@FabiolaDelaCueva wrote:

Hi Bharath,

Another option is to create a launcher based on your API Tester and use it to debug your application and make it part of your application.

Take a look at "Tip 7: Use API Testers as Application Launcher" on this blog post http://delacor.com/tips-and-tricks-for-a-successful-dqmh-based-project/ 

There, we describe how to create an application launcher based on the API Tester. 

Regards,

Fab

The DQMH CML Sample Project Template that ships now with DQMH has a launcher VI that can be shown in debug mode and hidden when not needed.

https://delacor.com/documentation/dqmh-html/DQMHCMLSampleProject.html

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(778 Views)

@ngblume wrote:

Hello Jörg,

quick follow-up:
I implemented your approach and it works as expected in DEV and EXE.

I then compiled a PPL with the Lib of the Module as the Top-Level-Lib and the Test VI as always included.

When I start the module from TestStand (in this case since it resemble a physical device used in tests), the module starts and I can use other VIs from the public API to call to it.

But when I click the button to launch the tester VI async., nothing happens.

Searched for a while, but didn't find anything...

Not sure if this intended for PPLs or if there is some setting, I'm not getting correct...

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Niels Göran

Hi Niels,

This is a little late but in case you have not figured it out. When I was preparing for the presentation at CLA Summit Europe, I realized that for some PPLs I had to mark to remove the connection with typedefs and that made the code within the PPL work.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 13 of 14
(778 Views)

Hello,

thanks for the pointer, Fab!

I tought I tried that, but not sure...

Will give it another try next week!

Cheers

Niels Göran

Message 14 of 14
(750 Views)