DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH crash on LV2015 when: "Create new DQMH event"

I have just started to explore this very useful toolkit with such good documentation!

On LV2015 I can provoke a systematic crash of LabVIEW by using the following procedure:

1. Create a DQMH project from new project wizard selector. Include the do something.
  2. Once the project created and open, use the tools->dqmh->Create new dqmh event
  3. Add an enum, add to singleton, request type event. bla-bla comment -> OK.
  4. LV crashes and offers to send report.

Hope this is reproducible elsewhere. Let me know if further details are required.lverr dialog.png

There is no usefull information in the report - only xml tags without content.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,956 Views)

Hi Heel,

Glad you liked the documentation.

We were able to reproduce the problem you are seeing in LabVIEW 2015 that was released this week. We had tested on LabVIEW 2015 Beta 2 and we did not see this behavior.

We will follow up with NI urgently and keep you posted.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 8
(4,486 Views)

Heel,

We posted a new version of the scripter package that fixes this issue. If you have the Toolkit installed, VIPM should prompt you to upgrade. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes and thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Message 3 of 8
(4,486 Views)

Dear Fab,

I tested the updated version and it works great.

I look  forward to use the framework. It is perfect for the measurement system I am doing. The system collects and real-time process data from several sources so the frameworks ability to put this functionality in individual "tasks" is very useful due to the scalabilty. Also the fact that you still can opearate each "task" in stand-alone mode is very practical during development and test - a bit like in a classical OS with multiple tasks.

Thanks, Great work you have done.

Message 4 of 8
(4,486 Views)

Glad to know it is fixed

Regards,

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,486 Views)

LabVIEW crashes whenever I try to do this:

crash.jpg

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 with the Delacor QMH 1.0.0.2 and Event Scripter 1.0.0.45.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,486 Views)

The latest version of the DQMH Event Scripter is 1.0.0.47, and it fixes the crash.

Message 7 of 8
(4,486 Views)

Thank you.  I read this post and installed the toolkit today; I just hadn't refreshed VIPM.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,486 Views)