From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH at NIWeek 2019

NIweek is in one week! I realized I had not shared with everybody what are the DQMH related presentations.

Please let me know if I am missing any other presentation that you know will use or talk about DQMH. 

I am also adding the non DQMH presentations from the DQMH Trusted Advisors.

Using DQMH in TestStand - Monday, May 20th, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM

Sam Roundy will present how to use DQMH modules in a TestStand architecture.

Efficient User Interface Development in Post-Silicon Validation - Tue, May 21st, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM

Wolfgang Rominger and Denis Grgic explore a concept based on the DQMH for building a UI to debug validation setups featuring multiple instruments and DUTs. 

Simplifying your HAL with LVOOP and DQMH® - Tuesday, May 21st, 3:45 PM - 4:45 PM

Michael Howard and I will go through how Michael's team simplified their HAL using LVOOP and DQMH.

Software Engineering in LabVIEW: A Look at Tools and Processes - Wednesday, May 22nd, 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM

Paul Morris' section will be along the lines of his presentation last year about going from Lone Wolf developer to working with a team. His team uses DQMH and the Delacor Software Engineering tools (Custom VI Analyzer tests, Style Guidelines, Software Engineering processes). 

Design Patterns for Decoupled UIs in LabVIEW: Theory and Practice - Thursday, May 23rd, 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM

Paul Morris and Shawn Walpole will discuss how to simplify overly complex code. Paul will show an example of an application that achieves this using DQMH. 

Zero to Application in ˜90 days using LabVIEW with DQMH - Thursday, May 23rd, 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM - Meeting Room 15

Jeff DeBuhr will share his experience onboarding an intern who did not have any programming experience. How he went from zero programming knowledge to a full application in 90 days using DQMH.

On Refactoring: Real-World Approaches for Improving Code - Thursday, May 23rd, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room 13B

Oliver Wachno's section will talk about an experiment he ran converting a project from Actor Framework to DQMH

The DQMH Trusted Advisors will be giving other non DQMH related presentations:

Creating Powerful Web Apps With the LabVIEW NXG Web Module - Tuesday, May 21st, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Meeting Room 12B

Matthias Baudot has the pioneer spirit and he has created an application using LabVIEW NXG Web Module. He will have some tips and lessons learned for you.

Diverse Voices Furthering Innovation Panel - Tuesday, May 21st 10:30 AM -11:30 AM - Ballroom E

Fab will be in a panel discussing the benefits of promoting diversity within the technology industry, and challenges that are often faced when working towards that goal. 

Challenge the Champions - Tuesday, May 21st 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM - NIWeek Expo Stage

This year the LabVIEW Champions team will have three DQMH Trusted advisors and our friend James McNally. Come see us conquer suffer through very difficult LabVIEW Trivia questions. If nothing else, it will be entertaining to see James McNally, Joerg Hampel, Matthias Baudot and I on stage.

How to Blow Your LabVIEW Project in Surprisingly Few Steps - Wednesday, May 22nd, 1:15 PM- 2:15 PM - Ballroom F

Joerg Hampel will present his pragmatic approach to managing projects.

Continuous Integration Using GitLab and VMWare: Dynamically Launching and Assigning Virtual Machines - Thursday, May 23rd, 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM - Meeting Room 12A

Sam Taggart will talk about his experience setting up Continuous Integration and Virtual Machines for managing multiple projects in LabVIEW.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 8
(3,537 Views)

It's awesome to see so many DQMH presentations, but it's making it difficult to choose what presentations to go to! I don't want to miss the DQMH ones.

Message 2 of 8
(3,505 Views)

There's really a lot going on in the DQMH realm! Awesome!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 3 of 8
(3,495 Views)

Sounds great.  Wish I was coming!

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

Message 4 of 8
(3,478 Views)

@Ozfarmboy  a écrit :

Sounds great.  Wish I was coming!

Can't agree more !

For those who will attend, enjoy NIWeek as it deserves !

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Message 5 of 8
(3,456 Views)

I edited the post to include more descriptions on the presentations by the DQMH Trusted Advisors. I also added the panel I will be participating in for the Diversity track... all to find out that I will be missing Matthias' presentation, I was really looking forward to that presentation.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,417 Views)

Don't forget to mention that you (Fab) and two DQMH Trusted Advisors (Matthias and me) will be battling for our lives competing on Tuesday night in the Challenge of the Champions, together with James McNally...

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 7 of 8
(3,411 Views)

@joerg.hampel wrote:

Don't forget to mention that you (Fab) and two DQMH Trusted Advisors (Matthias and me) will be battling for our lives competing on Tuesday night in the Challenge of the Champions, together with James McNally...

Done!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,407 Views)