DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Test Sequencer

Hi Delacor Team,

I currently developing an ATE with at least 4 DUT testing in Parallel of the same type. I have decided to go with the DQMH template to create an entire Test application in LabVIEW. 

Right now I am studying DQMH architecture to understand all the functionalities. I saw this blog post about DQMH Test Sequencer Module https://delacor.com/techniques-for-starting-your-dqmh-based-project/ It will be helpful if I can get the Test sequencer DQMH template source code? and guide on creating an ATE software that serves all-purpose.

I planning to create a DQMH module to create and Edit test scripts within the Main tester application and Test Sequencer module will then parse all the test steps data for processing.

Initially, I thought of using LabVIEW-TestStand architecture, then from my experience, most of the customers find it a bit difficult to edit and make changes into.SEQ files in teststand unless they have a technical team who know teststand. Also, the cost of software matters as they need to purchase Teststand license.

So Right now for me, the important module is to create a Test Sequencer Module which will be a clonable module like a test socket for any number of DUT testing. Here is my initial idea about how it will be like,

1. So the Main Module (Application launcher) will start all the modules like different hardware-specific modules, Test sequencer , datalogger etc.

2. Test sequencer Module job is to take all test parameters data and process it as per the test script.

3. On the FP of Test Sequencer Module, I will add another DQMH module using subpanel (i rejected the idea to create a Xcontrol) which consist of a Table showing Test parameters, High/Low limits, Measured data, Pass-fail status of each step, some controls like Pause/Resume, Abort test, Test progress bar, etc. PFA..sample.

4. Experts tips and suggestions are most welcome. This will be my first multi-DUT testing project using DQMH so want to create complete software that is modular and effective. Thanks.

Test Info DQMH ModuleTest Info DQMH Module

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,175 Views)

Hi Voyager,

It sounds that what you need is to create a DQMH module that represents a UI control. For that, the top-level application would have a subpanel where you would insert the DQMH Main.vi. The Main.vi would have the table with all the information you need and it would broadcast changes done to the table. 

Another alternative to XControls is Q Controls, check them out at:

https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/QControl

The Delacor Test Sequencer uses subpanels where each test is built as a DQMH module and loaded into the subpanels. It is meant for test sequences that will not change too much over time. The only thing our customers are changing is to enable/disable tests and change test limits. There is no adding new tests on the fly, at least not yet.

Thanks for your trust in DQMH and us.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,136 Views)