DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(DQMH) Documentation Generator

Solved!
Go to solution

At this point in time the DQMH Trusted Advisors are still debating how to proceed with this project in terms of contributing to and publishing/sharing this tool.

There are various things to consider and different work packages to plan depending on wether we make it a paid toolkit (all the documentation and support) vs a shared internal tool (still a lot of collaboration overhead) vs a simple private tool. 

Please bear with us a little longer. Feel free to reach out to Olivier directly, though!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 11 of 40
(3,093 Views)

@ManuelSebald  a écrit :

One more very general thing for discussion:

What LV version should we support?

Important question. The reason why I've started the project in LV 2017 is because my Asciidoctor toolkit is using vim.

I look forward to hear other point of vue about the curent "most popular" LabVIEW version. What would be the version of LV you need to use such a tool ?

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 40
(3,075 Views)

@joerg.hampel  a écrit :

Feel free to reach out to Olivier directly, though!

Don't hesitate, I'll be happy to share and discuss.

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 40
(3,071 Views)

Before making the decision about the doc generator to go public, I can share with my personal work on Asciidoctor toolkit --> https://gitlab.com/wovalab/open-source/asciidoc-toolkit

We should probably have to develop the same kind of tool to generate reStructuredText syntax output.

Feel free to contact me by MP to discuss about it.

Olivier Jourdan

Message 14 of 40
(3,064 Views)

Most of my DQMH projects are with LV 2016 so having this tool developed with 2017 would prevent me to use it for those projects. I don't want to upgrade those projects since I want to maintain backward compatibility of the code from 2016 and upper (source code to be released at some point) but still would like to use the Documentation Generator.

DQMH works for LabVIEW 2014 and later. In my opinion, it would make sense to develop the tool so it can handle LabVIEW 2014 and later, especially if there is a plan to make it a public or paid toolkit at some point.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 40
(3,041 Views)

Hi all,

I had a coffee with Mikael about integrating some DQMH capability into OpenGDS.  We are looking at being able to draw DQMH diagrams using the UML Modeller, and also have a "tabular" view showing the module relationships and events. And then look at the possibility of generating the design.

He was keen to help, and has started looking into it.

Some of the ideas has crossed over with what we're talking about here.

I shared some ideas with Fab who I believe sat down with a few of you whilst at GDevCon.

I will catch up with the DQMH Trusted Advisers next week and make sure we're on the same page!

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

Message 16 of 40
(3,022 Views)

@mbaudot  a écrit :

Most of my DQMH projects are with LV 2016 so having this tool developed with 2017 would prevent me to use it for those projects. I don't want to upgrade those projects since I want to maintain backward compatibility of the code from 2016 and upper (source code to be released at some point) but still would like to use the Documentation Generator.

DQMH works for LabVIEW 2014 and later. In my opinion, it would make sense to develop the tool so it can handle LabVIEW 2014 and later, especially if there is a plan to make it a public or paid toolkit at some point.

Thank you Matthias for this input. It makes lot of sense to be aligned with version supported by DQMH. I'd be just disappointed to not be able to take advantage of malleable vi in some cases...

Olivier Jourdan

Message 17 of 40
(2,990 Views)

Update on my doc generation test :

After DevCon, I've been working on proof of conceptr. You'll find in attachment a pdf file generated automatically from the CML DQMH.lvproj.

There are many way to improve it but it works!

Generation process consist in :

• Creation of text (asciidoctor syntax) and images with LabVIEW
  • Creation of the pdf file (and html) with GitLab CI/CD feature

Olivier Jourdan

Message 18 of 40
(2,985 Views)

Looks great!

I know, that there are several ways to pull icon image from vi, but how did you implement it for this project?

"></a>
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 40
(2,959 Views)

I used VI Icon.Save to file method, but don't really look for other way to implement it

viserver.png

I would love to have a way to have icon with connector pane picture (like in the help window) but my priority was to try to have the full process working...

Olivier Jourdan

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 40
(2,938 Views)