Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falkpl

Specify source of simulated device data

I love simulated devices, but one major drawback is the static nature of the simulated data.  It would be awsome to have the ability to import real world data for playback in the simulated devices.  Essentially analog input channels could take a waveform in or waveform file, digital in could take a digital file or even a popup probe for the input where the user can turn on/off digital lines or turn a nob on an analog line would be very nice to have.  This would allow the programmer to capture real data that a system might expect to recieve and then run the daq application in simulation using daqmx simulated devices with the exact real-world data.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
5 Comments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am going to move this idea to the DAQ Idea Exchange so the DAQ R&D team who develops the DAQmx driver that helps make simulated devices possible can see this.

falkpl
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
John_P1
Trusted Enthusiast

Interesting--it sounds very similar to this idea:

Interactive DAQmx Simulation Interface...

John Passiak
wond3rboy

They could also have it linked with multisim, that way we could give it 'any' kind of signal we want i-e define our input signals in electrical terms.

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
rbenji23

Any update on this from NI? It would be awesome to be able to use my own data in a simulated device. This would allow using custom code on the DAQ side for programs where you do not have access to the source code to make modifications.