Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnalogKid2DigitalMan

Hardware Dongles

Since NI already has the hardware interface devloped to USB and the PCI bus and its variants, why not leverage on that and create a line of hardware dongles that are compatible with MAX, LabVIEW and LabWindows IDE's. The volume may be low but it would be an integrated solution for ease of hardware/software interaction. Each dongle would have a unique serial number that the programmer's application  can check and verify before allowing software operation.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

... with the same ruggedized specs as the cRIO, and also a serial version, with a small amount of read/write non-volatile memory. If this device had been around 1 year ago, we would be using it, but since then I don't think our need still exists...

Message Edited by JackDunaway on 03-15-2010 06:26 PM
memoryleak
NI Employee (retired)

* Removed, I read your post too quickly 😉

Message Edited by memoryleak on 04-12-2010 05:04 PM
Britoa

I would actually like to add to this, the ability to put some of the Runtime licenses on the same dongle.  We were looking at a vision application a year or two ago that we wanted to protect ourselves (probably with a dongle) and there was no way to get around the vision runtime licensing, as well as what we wanted.  In the end, we wrote our code in C++ because of this.