DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren

"Find Event Frames" right-click option on Broadcast VIs

Done in DQMH 6.0

I would like a right-click plugin where I could right-click a DQMH broadcast subVI and "Find Event Frames". This would search all VIs in my current project for event structures that are registered for the broadcast event fired by the subVI I clicked on, and show me a list of results that I could double-click and be shown the event frames one at a time. Or I guess it could just open all the diagrams for me, since I probably want to walk through all of them anyway.

The operation could take a while, but would be worth it. I often find myself wondering where all the places are in my code that are registered for a particular broadcast.

(idea originally posted here)

2 Comments
FabiolaDelaCueva
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

This was one of the ideas backed by the DQMH Trusted Advisors for the next DQMH release (post 5.0 release).

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Looking for Maintainer(s)

Done in DQMH 6.0

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!