DQMH Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Find Event Frames" right-click option on Broadcast VIs

This was one of the ideas backed by the DQMH Trusted Advisors for the next DQMH release (post 5.0 release).

I would like a right-click plugin where I could right-click a DQMH broadcast subVI and "Find Event Frames". This would search all VIs in my current project for event structures that are registered for the broadcast event fired by the subVI I clicked on, and show me a list of results that I could double-click and be shown the event frames one at a time. Or I guess it could just open all the diagrams for me, since I probably want to walk through all of them anyway.

The operation could take a while, but would be worth it. I often find myself wondering where all the places are in my code that are registered for a particular broadcast.

(idea originally posted here)

DNatt, NI
1 Comment
Active Participant
Status changed to: Accepted

This was one of the ideas backed by the DQMH Trusted Advisors for the next DQMH release (post 5.0 release).

I'm Organizing the GLA Summit!

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?