DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
psmorris

Enable reusing of reply payloads across multiple request and wait for reply events

Too many implications.

Sometimes, I need to create two or more very similar request and wait for reply events - one to perform some kind of action (e.g. set the value of vertical range on a scope card) and one to query that value. In both cases I want to return the value that was actually set. At the moment, I end up with two identical reply payload typedefs as its not trivial to reuse them between events.

When creating a broadcast event you can already select to use the payload of a previously created request and wait for reply, I'd like to see that option available in request and wait for reply events too...

Thanks

Paul

2 Comments
Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Declined

Too many implications.

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
joerg.hampel
Active Participant

Hey Paul, thank you so much for your trust in DQMH, and for taking time out of your day to share your idea with us.

There will be issues when you remove an event tied to others with the argument or modify an argument tied to many events. We suggest creating the typedef or reusable argument ahead of time and use it in the argument window. 

Again, thank you for your input, it is most appreciated. Please keep those ideas coming!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)