DQMH Consortium Toolkits Feature Requests

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyGa

Allow setting a personnalized timeout for each Request And Reply / Round Trip events

Hi,

When creating Request And Reply / Round Trip events, the timeout to get the answer is set as a constant which is global to the module.

It would be nice to personalize this timeout to choose between :

• Module timeout
  • Personnalized timeout with a control to enter a value in millisecond

If Module timeout is selected, then module timeout -- constant.vi would be wired to the 'wait for notification' timeout input.
If Personnalized is selected the value set by the user would replace the module timeout -- constant.vi (using a constant instead, or better calling a newly create 'request name' timeout -- constant.vi)

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
5 Comments
ngblume

Hello,

this idea is related to this: https://forums.ni.com/t5/DQMH-Feature-Requests/Incorporate-clientside-time-out-infos-into-requests-w...

While we share the idea of choosing between a module time-out and a control for the specific time-out, I think, being able to decide on the module side, if the timeout expired already or not, can be quite helpful.

Maybe add the kudos for these two ideas (despite that I'm currently not contributing much 😉 ....

CyGa
Active Participant

Hi Niels,

Kudo given !

I think our 2 ideas are complementary ! And I give you all credits : you've wrote it before me !

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
ngblume

No worries..
Let's work on getting imt implemented together 😉

Olivier-JOURDAN
Active Participant
Status changed to: Released

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
ngblume

and we and some others made it hapen !! :-))