DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zuehlke] Project explorer menu for DQMH

Solved!
Go to solution

I have developed an extension for the Project explorer for the DQMH Toolkit. As a small thank you I would like to contribute something to this super toolkit.

Edit 2018_06_12:

• Now supports >= LV2014
  • Added DQMH 4.0 functions
  • Bugfixed Project explorer crash

Edit 2018_06_16:

• Speed optimized for Fab! 😉

Edit 2018_10_16

• Adaptations and enhancements for DQMH 4.1

Edit 2019_02_04

• Adaptations and enhancements for DQMH 4.2

Edit 2019_08_19

• Autopopulation (Automatic filling)  of the "Project explorer menu" for future DQMH versions

Edit 2020_02_20:

• Installer now supports >= LV2014  (sorry!)

Edit 2021_01_21

Have fun

Claude

www.zuehlke.com

Capture.PNG

CLA / CTD
Message 1 of 38
(7,401 Views)

Great stuff! Thanks, Claude!

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 38
(7,389 Views)

Hi Claude,

Thanks for sharing this tool with the DQMH community. A lot of people have requested this functionality. You are a brave soul for working with project providers, as I mentioned in my presentation at the CLA Summit in Europe, they are Voodoo! Darren Nattinger also mentioned something similar in his presentation at NI Week 2018.

I reviewed the tool this weekend and I have some feedback for improvement, in case you were planning on continuing to work on it.

• It would be nice for the welcome installer VI to mention DQMH 😉 I know, people are getting the tool from this website, but what if someone gets it as a hand me down? 
  • The right-click menu options are missing the two new menus introduced with DQMH 4.0: Create RT Tester and  New DQMH Unit Test
  • This one, I don't think we will be able to solve, but it would be important for people to be aware of the danger: If I cancel out of Rename Module (or any of the DQMH tools) when initiated via the right-click menu on the project explorer, I can no longer work on the project, I had to kill LabVIEW
  • I noticed the tool is supported for 2017 or newer. As of now, DQMH supports 2014 or newer

I hope you find this feedback useful.

Thanks again for sharing and for calling DQMH a "super" toolkit. 

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38
(7,309 Views)

Hi Fab

Thanks for your positive feedback. I will create a new version and extend the new functions for DQMH 4.0.
=> I will also make a try with LV2014.

By the way: Did you see the module names filled in automatically? 😉

Regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
Message 4 of 38
(7,305 Views)

Hi Fab

Thanks for the review and the tips. I was able to find and fix the problems (it was a Traverse and OneButtonDialog problem).
Now the DQMH 4.0 functions are also supported if DQMH 4.0 is installed. Additionally the tool is now >= LV2014 compatible!

Update! 😉

Regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
Message 5 of 38
(7,293 Views)

Hi Claude,

I did a quick test and it seems all the issues I mentioned were addressed.

Regarding the module names filling automatically, I didn't notice the first time because I am used to clicking really fast through all the dialogs. After you mentioned this, I waited a little bit and I did see the Module names changing.

Thanks for sharing this tool with the community. If I have any other feedback, I will let you know. 

Happy wiring,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 38
(7,221 Views)

Yes, you're right, the speed wasn't fully optimized yet. The latest version should now be fast enough for Fab! 😉
Update!

CLA / CTD
Message 7 of 38
(7,215 Views)

Hi Claude,

thanks for sharing this tool.

(1) When i try to create a new event by right clicking at a dqmh *.lvlib, i get this error message:

Creating the new event from menubar works. I checked the folder and the file -> looks good, folder and file exists, i can open that file...

(2) When i try to create a new event right clicking a virtual folder in the lvlib, the menu has only 1 entry: "Add New DQMH Module..."

(3) Right Clicking on a VI, there is no "DQMH" entry in the menu

best regards
Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38
(7,133 Views)

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your feedback. Can you tell me your LabVIEW (32/64bit/Language) and DQMH version?
=> Have you activated VI server?

If you want to debug the interface yourself, you can find the files in the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\resource\Framework\Providers\ZE_DQMH

The most important files are:
CreateEvent_Item_OnPopupMenu.vi (Defines the popup menu)
CreateEvent_Item_OnCommand.vi (Executes the command)

regards
Claude

CLA / CTD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 38
(7,128 Views)

Hi Claude,

here is the missing screenshot from the error message.

LabVIEW is 2017 32bit

DQMH is latest version

VI Server has all checkmarks set

best regards
Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 38
(7,122 Views)