DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to validate someone else's DQMH modules

Hi all, 

I am working on my master's thesis project and am a novice LabVIEW user. One of my tasks is to improve an existing programme for an experiment. I have been sent the LV project from the technician and am currently trying to add some new user events to some of the VIs he has made. He used JKI state machine templates and broadcasted user events between VIs using the DQMH software, the '.lvlib's seem to be in order.

However for some reason the DQMH doesn't seem to be recognising any of the modules. I have tried to validate them but still get a dialog box with the following message: 

There were no valid DQMH Modules found in the active project. Make sure your DQMH-based project is the active project, and that you have not modified any of the core components of the project template, like Request/Broadcast VI or folder names.

I have tried using the original unedited files he has sent me but still haven't had any luck.

Apologies if this is something very trivial. Would ask the technician but he is on holiday still and isn't answering his emails.

Angus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,799 Views)

Hi Angus,

Sounds like you are using the Delacor Event Sctipter. This tool is used to create events for non-DQMH modules.

For reference, this is what the tool looks for when validating DQMH modules:

http://delacor.com/documentation/dqmh-html/ValidatinganExistingDQMHModule.html

Happy  New Year!,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,776 Views)

Hi Fab,

Thanks so much for your advice, especially on New Years Day! 

I managed to speak to the technician yesterday and unfortunately it seems that I am missing some of the libraries which he used. It looks like I will need to wait untill he gets back.

In the meantime, I will probably just try and add some more features to the UI and make it look nice haha!

Angus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,744 Views)