DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in DQMH New Module.lvlib:Script New Module.vi...

Solved!
Go to solution

I am just getting started using DQMH. I receive the following error at the end of running the scripts to create a new module. However, my modules seem to function properly. Any ideas as to why I am getting the error?

Worred_0-1649948610913.png

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,921 Views)

Can you give the exact procedure you're following that's causing this error? What LabVIEW version are you using? Are you creating the new module from one of the built-in templates (Singleton or Cloneable), or your own module template, or one you have installed from a 3rd party?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(1,915 Views)

I am installing a built-in Singleton module using the method exactly described in all the videos (see screen captures below). I am using LabVIEW 2019 SP1 f5. I am using the latest release of the DQMH (6.1.0.90). I am adding the module to an existing project. Not sure whether that matters or not.

Worred_0-1649950542155.pngWorred_1-1649950729749.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,899 Views)

Thanks for the additional info. If you create a new blank project and try to create a module in there, do you still see the error? I'm guessing you won't, which means there's something in your existing project that is causing an issue. 

Are there any auto-populating folders in your project?

If you create new virtual folders (like 'testModule' and 'testTester'), and specify in the New Module dialog that you want your module library and tester to go into those virtual folders, do you still see the error? I ask because those fields in the dialog are new in DQMH 6.1, so I'd like to know if they are the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,887 Views)

So, your suspicions I think are correct...I did not get the error when I created the module in a new blank project. No, there are not any auto-populating folders in my existing project. When I created new virtual folders (testModule and testTester) and specified the new module library and tester go into those virtual folders I did not get an error when added to my existing project. So, there is something about the default virtual folders (Testers and Modules)?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,874 Views)

I wonder if there are virtual folders called 'Testers' and 'Modules' in some other location in your project that are causing the issue? Like maybe under another target, or under a nested folder in a library or class?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,868 Views)

You were right, at least for Modules. I do have another folder named Modules but I cannot find one that is named Testers.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,847 Views)

This issue has been reported to the DQMH Consortium to address in a future DQMH release. In the meantime, can you give me more info on the other 'Modules' folder? Is it inside a library or class, or under another target? Can you provide a screenshot showing where the other 'Modules' folder is in the project hierarchy?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,844 Views)

The Modules directory is highlighted in yellow with the red arrow pointing to it in the screen capture below:

Worred_0-1649961575680.png

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Worred

That's an auto-populating folder, and explains why the error is happening. I think the fix should be that the New Module tool shouldn't try to move a module/tester into a folder that is auto-populating, even if its name matches the name specified in the dialog.

Thanks for helping track down the issue. I suspect it will be addressed in a future DQMH release.

Message 10 of 11
(1,830 Views)