DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QHM Request & Broadcast EventsX JKI Public & Private Events

Hi Fabiola,

How are you doing! I was your student in the Labview OOP in Mountain View!

I liked a lot the automation for the QMH you did. I was using it in the way JKI presented (public and private events) in the video, was kind of hard to do. It became easier once I packed everything in a GOOP class and made a template and was just a question of doing a bunch of method cloning....but even so, was kind of hard.

I have a question: I am trying to trace a parallel between the JKI way and your way. Does a public event in the JKI way correspond to the QMH Request and does the QMH Broadcast correspond to private events in the JKI way? I am guessing that if I want a module to respond only to events that the module itself fires (private event) I would have to create a Broadcast event and put it in a special virtual folder (Private Events) to remember that only that particular module is registered for that broadcast event. Am I right thinking like that?

Thanks for the QMH!!

Helcio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,699 Views)

Hi Helcio,

That LabVIEW OOP class was several years ago! Glad to see that you are still programming in LabVIEW.

Pleased to know that you liked the Delacor QMH. We are very proud of the automation tools, we have done similar automation tools for customers who had their own architectures.

The answer to your question is:

• A public event in the JKI beyond state machines presentation is wrapped by a private VI and it is only called within the module. For the DQMH this is a broadcast event. The Module is notifying anybody registered to listen to its broadcasts that it did something.
  • A private event is wrapped by a public API VI. For the DQMH this is a request event. Calling code is requesting the module to do something.
  • The way we have addressed having events that only the module itself has to register for has been to create a Request and then move it to a Private Requests folder and make the VI private so only the module can call it. This would be the module requesting itself to do something.

I hope this makes sense.

If you would like to share with the world your experience with our toolkit, you can add a review here: https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/tools-network/download.dqmh-.html

And in case you are not aware, we have several videos here: bit.ly/DelacorQMH

and our blog is this: delacor.com/media

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 2
(3,305 Views)