DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more reason to keep your DQMH API Testers up to date!

Hello, 

I wanted to share one more example of why you should keep your DQMH API Testers up to date.

One of our team members was visiting a customer. While on site, they needed to troubleshoot their hardware. A couple of days later, we get a message along the lines of: "how can I access that awesome debugging panel you were using when you visited us?"

The immediate answer was that this was not part of the executable, however, we realized that we could easily include it in the executable. We assigned a debug button and launched the API Tester using VI Server. We did add some code to hide the toolbar and the menu bar via VI Server property nodes. We also programmatically hid some of the controls they did not need to have access to. 

This effort did not take more than one hour. 

Go ahead and add this to your list of reasons to have a clean and up to date DQMH API Tester: It can make you look good in front of your customers and help you while troubleshooting executables as well. 

Do you have any stories to tell on how the DQMH API Tester saved the day? Were you annoyed at first by the DQMH API Tester but were pleasantly surprised later? I am trying to collect some good examples because I still find from time to time someone who deleted their API Tester! 

Happy wiring,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,651 Views)