From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional error when creating events

I am getting the following error when creating a new event. When it happens, the scripting has typically already created  "... Argument--cluster.ctl" and has added an element to the Request Events cluster, but it is a boolean instead of a User Event Refnum. When it happens, I must delete that Boolean and the argument typdef file and try it again. It usually works that second time. Is there a way to track down the cause of that error?

Photon_Dan_0-1620245526350.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(991 Views)

It's likely a LabVIEW scripting bug, as it sounds like it only happens occasionally, and doesn't happen on a subsequent try of the same operation. If you had a reliable way to reproduce it that would be great.

The dummy Boolean control is there because there was a bug in scripting in LabVIEW 2015 (not sure if it's still present) where dropping a new User Event reference in the Request Events typedef would crash LabVIEW. The workaround was to drop a dummy control (to break the typedef), and then the new User Event reference could be scripted just fine with no crash. 

Anyway, if you have a reliable way to reproduce the issue, let me know and I can debug further. Sample code and relevant LabVIEW version would help even more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(956 Views)

Thanks for the quick response! I'll see if I can reproduce it reliably. Relevant LabVIEW version is 2020SP1, and I tend to see it happen more often when editing a module for a Real Time target such as the cRIO-9045.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(952 Views)