From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to organize DQMH project and dependencies

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I'm starting to use DQMH on one of my projects. The project consist of 5 modules.

The project also consist of other projects. One of this kind is My_FPGA_project that I want to use in DQMG project... 

Also there are other projects - drivers that cooperate with my DQMH project.

I have organized my DQMH project so that it has "Virtual Folder" called Modules - this is where Delacor is throwing DQMH modules after creation using Delacor add-on. And there is a Testers folder for DQMH to throw auto-created "Testers" for modules.

My Questions:

1. what is best way to organize DQMH project using also other NOT DQMH project that it uses? 

2. How to create FPGA project using Delacor DQMH and include it in DQMH project, is there any example anywhere?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndrazS

@AndrazS wrote:

My Questions:

1. what is best way to organize DQMH project using also other NOT DQMH project that it uses? 

2. How to create FPGA project using Delacor DQMH and include it in DQMH project, is there any example anywhere?

1. I would create another virtual folder (or multiple virtual folders) with appropriately titled name(s) that reflect the non-DQMH stuff.

2. The FPGA stuff will be on a separate FPGA target, so you won't have any DQMH stuff in that part of the project.  So this shouldn't be a problem. Just organise it in a way that makes sense.  ie. Use virtual folders for sub-vis and controls/type defs, etc

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,183 Views)

Hey AndrazS, we have documented the structure we use in our wiki:

https://dokuwiki.hampel-soft.com/code/common

You can find information on how we structure our repositories, and what our (mostly DQMH-based) LabVIEW project structure looks like. Maybe that gives you some ideas and  inspiration, too. 

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,171 Views)