DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install DQMH in a computer with no internet access

Solved!
Go to solution

We have been getting this question and thought we would share the answer here to help others.

Question:

I have installed DQMH on a Windows machine that has internet access. I have completed the first part of my project. Now I need to move my LabVIEW program to a computer that cannot have internet access. How do I get DQMH installed on that computer for my program to work?

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 5
(5,046 Views)

Create a vipc file

You will need VIPM pro*.

1. Open VIPM
  2. Go to Window>>Show VI Package Configuration Editor
  3. Scan Project for Package Dependencies
  4. Follow the prompts to scan your project. This will create a configuration file that includes all of your project's dependencies.
  5. Once in the other machine, right click on the vipc file and select "Apply configuration", this will install the packages.

* If you don't have VIPM pro, you can enable the evaluation version and create the vipc file.

The target machine does not need to have VIPM pro, vipc files can be applied using the VIPM free version.

How to add additional packages to the vipc file

The DQMH productivity tools (scripting tools) will not be included using the method above. If you plan on continuing development on the target machine, you will have to manually add those dependencies to your vipc file.

Accomplish this by going to the main JKI VI Package Manager window (leaving the Package Configuration Editor open) and there search for all the Delacor packages. Right click on the delacor packages and send them to the configuraiton file.

FTP method

This method is a lot slower and not as a straight forward. The LabVIEW Tools Network has an ftp server with all of the packages, these can be found here: http://download.ni.com/evaluation/labview/lvtn/vipm/packages/

There you can browse for the packages you want to download and download the packages you need. You only need the files with extension .vip and the version is part of the name.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 5
(4,785 Views)

Another option is to copy the packages from the VIPM cache on the development machine located here: C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache. Look for the *.vip filenames and version you need, just as Fab suggested for the FTP method.

Message 3 of 5
(4,785 Views)

Is there any way to install this software framework without using VIPM at all?
Installation of VIPM is difficult in some runtimes, e.g. Linux. I managed to get it to work, but it is troublesome and requires root privileges to run.

Researcher @ Gdańsk University of Technology
Python enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,825 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Olivier-JOURDAN

Updated solution:

You can now access all DQMH versions as a vipc --> https://dqmh.org/#download

Just download the vipc you want and install it with VIPM.

NOTE: so far the DQMH Consortium is not providing a way to install DQMH without VIPM

Olivier Jourdan

Wovalab founder | DQMH Consortium board member | LinkedIn |

Stop writing your LabVIEW code documentation, use Antidoc!
Message 5 of 5
(1,970 Views)