From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few queries regarding DQMH....

Hi,

I am pretty new to the architecture development and after seeing DQMH it excites me to try it in my upcoming project. But I have few queries

Is it specific to Test stand or can it be used for LabVIEW development?

Is there any example for LabVIEW users because i have gone through the Getting started video and i am not clear about few things like

where will be the main UI vi in the project structure (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

If i have a data acquisition loop where will that reside (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

where will the processing block reside (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

It will be grate if you can provide a example with steps.

Congrats for the Product of the year award

Regards

@sk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,878 Views)

DQMH is great for any LabVIEW-based application that requires multiple modules running in parallel, with communication between the modules. I've used DQMH many times, and I've never used TestStand...

The DQMH examples are in [LabVIEW 20xx]\examples\Delacor\Delacor QMH. You can open the DQMH Fundamentals - Thermal Chamber.lvproj and see illustrations of how DQMH works, including how the modules are laid out and where UIs come into play. If you don't need or use TestStand, you can just ignore the TestStand parts of the example.

Message 2 of 3
(3,561 Views)

sk_a wrote:

Hi,

I am pretty new to the architecture development and after seeing DQMH it excites me to try it in my upcoming project. But I have few queries

Is it specific to Test stand or can it be used for LabVIEW development?

The DQMH is a LabVIEW architecture for LabVIEW development that happens to make integration with TestStand more straight forward. But no, TestStand is not a requirement.

sk_a wrote:

Is there any example for LabVIEW users

Assuming that you did install the DQMH Toolkit, then yes, there is a shipping example that you can find by going to Help>Find Examples…>Directory Structure>Delacor\Delacor QMH\DQMH Fundamentals – Thermal Chamber.

You can find more details on the examples by going to the DQMH documentation (this documentation also is installed when you install DQMH and it is accessible via the More Information link on the Create Project window or via the documentation section of a project created using DQMH).  Specifically go to the section that talks about examples, you will see there that we state that TestStand is not needed and takes you to the first DQMH LabVIEW Example.

We continue to add videos the DQMH playlist.

I noticed that the only video about examples is called TestStand examples, I will add to my to-do list to add a video specific to the LabVIEW examples.

sk_a wrote:

where will be the main UI vi in the project structure (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

Up to you

If you create a project from the DQMH Project Template, the main UI is in the Application.lvlib:Main.vi and you can show at will the UI for the individual modules.

You can also start with your own project and have your UI call your modules and never actually show their front panel (they would be headless modules).

Or you can have your top level VI not have a UI and call the DQMH modules and show their panels.

Finally, you can start with a blank project and then go to Tools>>Delacor>>Add DQMH Module... and have the Main of that Module be your top level VI. DQMH modules can also be executed as stand alone.

We are all about options

sk_a wrote:

If i have a data acquisition loop where will that reside (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

It depends

You could have a DAQ module do all the acquisition and then use a broadcast of the data.

Give it a try and post your questions as you get going.

sk_a wrote:

where will the processing block reside (whether it will be in modules or application or separate)?

Same thing, it depends, you can have it be its own DQMH module or decide the processing would be done at the top level.

Try to figure out what are the different "screens" you want and how you want to display them. Do a model of your application with the different modules: Top level UI, DAQ module, Serial Communications module, etc. and draw the events that would be going from one to the other.

sk_a wrote:

Congrats for the Product of the year award

Thanks!

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 3 of 3
(3,561 Views)