DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to validate module

Solved!
Go to solution

I am getting Error 1059 (Unexpected File Type) when I try to fix a cloneable DQMH module when running the Validation tools.

 

I seem to get this error when I try to fix any issue found via the validation tool.

 

Kenny_K_0-1627477972072.png

 

I have updated to DQMH 6.0.0.83 via VIPM.

 

 

Here is an excerpt from the Documentation tab of the VI Properties.

 

Based on Delacor QMH Project Template 4.2.1.64.

<b>Note:</b> This VI was modified by the <b>Validate DQMH Module</b> tool to upgrade it to the DQMH 5.0 approach to destroying cloneable module event references.

 

After trying to run the Fix, I have a broken VI, seems like it did error out, as the VI I tried to fix has "Stub" vis in it and no Error Out Terminal.

 

Kenny_K_1-1627478319868.png

 

Here is the original Error Reported vi

 

Kenny_K_0-1627483932886.png

 

 

 

 

Edit: modules with  "Based on Delacor QMH Project Template 5.0.0.82." in the VI documentation properties, work with the validation tool without issues.

 

I tested another module:

"Based on Delacor QMH Project Template 4.2.1.64.

<b>Note:</b> This VI was modified by the <b>Validate DQMH Module</b> tool to upgrade it to the DQMH 5.0 approach to destroying cloneable module event references.

<b>Note:</b> This VI was modified by the <b>Validate DQMH Module</b> tool to call the Release Message Queue VI in the top-level Error case."

 

This module updated without issues as well.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(230 Views)

Kenny, could you attach a module that reproduces the issue?

DNatt, NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(206 Views)

Attached is a stripped down version of the module in question.  Saved in LabVIEW 2020

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(202 Views)

One issue I found... go into the following VI of your module:

 

Obtain Last Clone Instance Notifier.vi

 

Replace the 'stub' subVI on the left side of the diagram with the Module Name--constant.vi from the module. Save the VI, then delete the stub_Module Name--constant.vi from your library folder on disk.

 

This doesn't solve everything, but it's definitely a good first step. I'm still investigating...

DNatt, NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(195 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny_K

I found the main cause of the issue. Somebody modified the file organization of this DQMH (cloneable) module to be flat on disk. In other words, the VIs that are normally in a Clone Registration folder next to the module .lvlib were instead moved into the same folder as the .lvlib.

 

The scripting tools in DQMH assume that the file and project organization of the DQMH module are not modified from their shipping arrangement. If they are modified (as was the case with this module), then unexpected effects can occur... like in this case, errors during module validation.

 

Take a look at the folder organization of the DQMH project template (File > Create Project > Delacor QMH) to see how the files for a cloneable DQMH module should be organized. I experimented with your code and created a Clone Registration folder and moved the appropriate VIs into that folder. Then I opened the project, fixed the linkages (for the moved files), mass-compiled, and ran the validator, and it ran without errors.

DNatt, NI
Message 5 of 6
(188 Views)

Ah, I see.  Moving the files fixed it.

 

Ok, thank you!

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(184 Views)