DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH module main.vi front panel to open in a sub panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to implement a user interface similar to "Options" menu as shown below i.e. as you click on items on the left, associated front panel is loaded to the subpanel in the left. 

I referred the labview shipping example on subpanels and tried to implement on a DQMH based project, but I can't understand how I should show the module front panel on subpanel instead of popping it out.

I would be grateful if you could give me some tips.

Thanks in advance.  

Asa77_0-1658434923518.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asa77

You will either have to share the subpanel reference with the module you want to show (and wire it to an invoke node), or share the reference to the module's main.vi with the VI containing the subpanel.

subpanel.png

The UI Manager of our Windows Application Template contains an example implementation of this in the "Load Module into Subpanel" case of the MHL. The whole project is open source, here's a link to the UI Manager's Main.vi in the repo.

The VI implementing the actual function is part of our HSE Libraries, which are also open source. Here's a link to the Subpanel - Load VI.vi in the repo.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 2 of 3
(1,234 Views)

A similar question was asked recently.  Go here for that discussion:

Solved: Re: How to insert the instance of cloneable module into subpanel of other Singleton module? ...

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,224 Views)