cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Module not listed on create new event window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

One of the modules that exists in the project and has happily been added to previously is not listed on the "Create New DQMH Event" >> "1. Specify the DQMH Module for which you wish to create a new event" ring.

I am not sure what has been done to the module by one of our developers to get itself excluded from this list. So the question is: how is this list populated and apart from recreating the module, is there a way of recovering it so new events can be created?

The same module is also not listed on any of ther other operations (validate, remove, rename etc).

Thanks,

K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,304 Views)

Hi K,

Please validate the DQMH module. To do so:

1. With the project opened
  2. go to Tools>Delacor>DQMH>Validate DQMH Module...
  3. on the prompt, select the DQMH Module that no longer knows it is a DQMH module and click OK
  4. A window will show the Validation Failures including an explanation on the Details section on the right. Some issues can be fixed by clicking on the Fix issue. Some will have a description on how to fix the issue.

Let us know if this solves the issue. 

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,287 Views)

Hey Fab,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As I mentioned in my post, it is not listed on any of the selection windows, including "Validate DQMH Module".

Is there anything I can check that is used to populate this list?

Thanks,

K

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,285 Views)

Hi K Bull,

when i click on validate Module, a file Dialog starts and I have to choose the .vilib file from the Module to validate.

Nevertheless, I got the same problem like you today.

When I try to validate the Module, which isnt shown in the selection windows, the validation is sucessfull. But the Module isnt shown after that in the selection window.

The strange thing is: if I open the main.vi from the module that isnt shown in the selection windows, the "Run" Button isnt there.

But I can call the module from the main apllication and it works fine.

Its a clonable module.

Please let me know if you got a solution.

I have the DQMH Version 2.1.0.4.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,278 Views)

Hi again,

it was a wild hunt, but I found the VI, wich caused the problem in my application.

In my Module.lvlib was a Vi with the name "Broadcasts sortieren.vi".

Every Modul that has this VI dont appears in the "Select a Module" List.

I renamed the VI to "sort Broadcasts.vi" and now the problem is solved.

Everything is fine.

Hope it helps you too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,260 Views)

@K_Bull wrote:

Hey Fab,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As I mentioned in my post, it is not listed on any of the selection windows, including "Validate DQMH Module".

Is there anything I can check that is used to populate this list?

Thanks,

K

Can you share a picture of your lvlib structure? It is possible that a VI has been renamed or moved. If you don't want to share it in a public forum, send us an e-mail at dqmh@delacor.com or share that module's code with us.

Thanks for your patience.

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 6 of 10
(5,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K_Bull

There is a bug in the DQMH scripting tools where the presence of certain user VIs within the DQMH library that have file names matching certain patterns will cause the tools to erroneously flag the .lvlib as not being a DQMH. Specifically, if you have your own VI or virtual folder that you have added to a DQMH module .lvlib with a name that starts with the following strings, the scripting tools may function incorrectly:

Arguments, Broadcast, Broadcasts, Modules, Multiple Instances, Public API, Request, Requests, Testers, Private

This issue should be fixed in the next DQMH release. For now, the only workaround is to ensure that none of the VIs or virtual folders that you have added to your DQMH module start with any of the words/phrases listed above.

Message 7 of 10
(5,246 Views)

Hey Darren and Fab,

That is great info thanks!

K

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,239 Views)

P.S. This does include Virtual Folders.

I found that in the a subfolder was created in Public API>>"Requests System". The issue is now resolved.

Thanks,

K

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,232 Views)

@K_Bull wrote:

P.S. This does include Virtual Folders. 

Good point, I have edited my reply to include the possibility that virtual folders will have the issue as well.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,197 Views)