From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Cloneable Module Broadcast Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I use a Cloneable Module to control 2 identical stages, say Stage-1 and Stage-2.

I use Helper loop to monitor the real-time displacement change of the stage (program shown below), and name of the Broadcast is Position Updated:

Pacino_0-1627308535138.png

Pacino_1-1627308656215.png

and I registered this broadcast event in another program as below:

Pacino_2-1627308791869.png

When I move Stage-1 and Stage-2 at the same time, I can only get position updates from Stage-1, and My question is How can I get position updates of both Stage-1 (Module ID 1) and Stage-2 (Module ID 2)?

OR say: With Cloneable Module, can I move cloneable hardware at the same time and get its updates at the same time?

Thank you and best regards,

Pacino

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,126 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jinghang

Hi Pacino,

Yes, you should be able to see both Stage 1 and 2 position data independently.  This is assuming that the Ref Stepper is different for both.

I have some questions/suggestions for you:

1) Is Ref Stepper different for both Stage 1 and Stage 2?

2) Are all sub-VIs in your cloneable module set to re-entrant?

3) Does it run from your API Tester? 

4) Why are you passing the Wait Notifier and wait for reply down to your helper loop?  I wouldn't do this.

5) You can control the timing of your helper loop by changing the "0" in the Wake Up Helper loop case to 200, and then you don't need the Wait VI in the Timeout case

6) Are you sure you have registered events for all clones?  ie.  Need to make sure both clones have been started and then re-register.

7) In your event handling loop where you receive the broadcasts, I presume there is another case frame for Module ID "2"?  If yes, are you sure the other Module ID is actually "2"?  You should check what Module IDs you actually have.  If you didn't shut them down properly, then you may have an issue here.

Hope this gives you some ideas to try.

Christopher Farmer

Certified LabVIEW Architect and LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
https://wiredinsoftware.com.au

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,103 Views)

Thank you Christopher for your reply, very very inspiring! It is very delighted to receive your reply. Please have a look the attached figures showing my issues. I would also like to discuss the Wait Notifier and wait for reply in the Helper loop, but will discuss this seperately after this.

Pacino_0-1627384098365.jpeg

Pacino_1-1627384114033.jpeg

Pacino_2-1627384128670.jpeg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,088 Views)

Your Move Absolute function - is it a Request and Wait for Reply?

If yes, try setting "Wait for Reply" to FALSE.

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,086 Views)

Thank you Christopher,

I set the Move Absolute function Request and Wait for Reply as FAULSE.

Did not solve the problem.

I can only get 1 position update.

Thank you and best regards,

Pacino

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,081 Views)

Hey Pacino, is the stage actually physically moving in both x and y direction at the same time? And as Chris said, are you sure about the module IDs? Are you populating the position indicator correctly? 

As always, it would probably easier to help you if we had a small piece of example code to look at...

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,074 Views)

Pacino - are you saying you're not receiving the 2nd broadcast at all, or just not at the same time?

Christopher Farmer

DQMH Trusted Advisor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,064 Views)

Please keep this topic active, I am doing some testing, and if the problem can not solved, I will upload my program code. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,037 Views)